Ringu (1998) Review
It’s kind of hard to believe that it’s taken us this long to dive into the world of J-Horror. Well, thanks to the amazing selection on Shudder (not sponsored) we’re finally getting to it.
Ring (or Ringu) is a 1998 horror movie that follows a reporter as she explores the mystery behind a cursed videotape. Allegedly, anyone who watches the tape is doomed to die in exactly seven days (what, like seven business days? But Monday’s a holiday?)
We also talk about Sam’s new kitten, Trixie, who is just a delight.
Find Us Online
– Website: www.realhorrorshowpodcast.com
– Twitter: www.twitter.com/Horrorshowpod
– Support: www.realhorrorshow.com/support/
Good Things to Support
The Real Horrorshow Podcast stands behind SAG-AFTRA and WGA as they strike. If you want to support the WGA and SAG-AFTRA then consider donating to the Entertainment Community Fund which supports those who are out of work. You can also donate to other funds benefiting actors, writers, and crew members using the links found in the episode notes.
– Quileute Move to Higher Ground: https://mthg.org/
– Red Canary Song: https://www.redcanarysong.net/
– List of BLM Affiliated Charities: https://bit.ly/3wSMW47
– Host: Samantha Oty. Instagram: @samiswritingstuff,
– Host: Stormy Skies. Instagram: @thestormyskies
– End Song: ‘Creepy Doll’ by Jonathan Coulton. Website: www.jonathancoulton.com
Sam and Stormy died and they can’t get into Heaven until they watch every single horror movie on Netflix. But, like, those movies are constantly changing, so it seems like someone is yanking their chain.